White House Gunman Had Delusions of Being Jesus Christ and Bin Laden

Nasire Best
X
New details have emerged about 21-year-old Nasire Best, who was shot dead by Secret Service agents outside the White House on Saturday. US media reports say he had previously displayed erratic behaviour, believed he was Jesus Christ, and had been hospitalized following incidents linked to mental illness.

A gunman was shot dead by US Secret Service agents on Saturday evening after opening fire near a security checkpoint outside the White House, triggering panic among journalists and a temporary lockdown of the presidential complex while President Donald Trump was inside.

According to the Secret Service and multiple US media reports, the suspect—identified as 21-year-old Nasire Best from Maryland—approached a checkpoint near 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue shortly after 6pm local time and opened fire on officers guarding the area. Armed with a revolver, Best reportedly fired several shots toward a guard booth before agents returned fire.

Best was transported to hospital in critical condition but later died from his injuries. Authorities also confirmed that at least one civilian was seriously wounded during the exchange of gunfire and remains hospitalized. It is still unclear whether the bystander was struck by shots fired by the attacker or by return fire from Secret Service agents.

Ryan Rozbiani on X (formerly Twitter): “White House Shooting was DOZENS of ShotsThis video from NBC, I edited the audio to make it LOUDER so you can hear the shots clearer.The shooter is identified to be 21-year-old Nasire Best, with his online presence suggesting that he believed he was Jesus Christ. He died. https://t.co/OB4m3HAG92 pic.twitter.com/diIUiDLfEl / X”

White House Shooting was DOZENS of ShotsThis video from NBC, I edited the audio to make it LOUDER so you can hear the shots clearer.The shooter is identified to be 21-year-old Nasire Best, with his online presence suggesting that he believed he was Jesus Christ. He died. https://t.co/OB4m3HAG92 pic.twitter.com/diIUiDLfEl

The shooting caused scenes of chaos around the White House complex, particularly among members of the press corps stationed on the North Lawn. Videos circulating on social media showed reporters running for cover after hearing what witnesses described as ‘dozens of shots’.

ABC News correspondent Selina Wang, who was filming near the White House at the time, later said she initially thought the sounds were fireworks before realizing gunfire had erupted nearby. In footage later shared online, security personnel can be heard shouting ‘everybody down’ while evacuating journalists toward the press briefing room.

Investigators have since revealed that Best was already known to law enforcement and the Secret Service prior to the attack. According to court records cited by several US outlets, he had previously approached restricted White House areas and was reportedly subject to a stay-away order. Media reports also indicate that he had a documented history of mental health problems and had allegedly made delusional claims, including identifying himself as Jesus Christ or Osama bin Laden.

Some reports suggest that Best had previously been hospitalized following erratic behaviour and confrontations with authorities in Washington. Officials are now examining whether the shooting was politically motivated or primarily linked to mental illness.

Selina Wang on X (formerly Twitter): “I was in the middle of taping on my iPhone for a social video from the White House North Lawn when we heard the shots. It sounded like dozens of gunshots. We were told to sprint to the press briefing room where we are holding now. pic.twitter.com/iqdQwh4soq / X”

I was in the middle of taping on my iPhone for a social video from the White House North Lawn when we heard the shots. It sounded like dozens of gunshots. We were told to sprint to the press briefing room where we are holding now. pic.twitter.com/iqdQwh4soq

President Trump was inside the White House during the shooting but was not harmed. Following the incident, he praised the Secret Service for its rapid response in a post on Truth Social, arguing that the attack once again demonstrated the need for the ‘most secure presidential complex in American history’.

The FBI, Secret Service, and Washington Metropolitan Police have launched a joint investigation into the attack. Authorities have not yet publicly announced a definitive motive.


Related articles:

President Trump Survives Third Assassination Attempt
Donald Trump Survives Assassination Attempt at Pennsylvania Rally

At a time when public debate is increasingly polarized and superficial, Hungarian Conservative remains committed to depth, intellectual honesty, and independent conservative thought.

Producing high-quality journalism requires resources. Your contribution helps us expand our coverage, reach new audiences, and keep our content accessible.

Please consider supporting our mission.

Donate Now
New details have emerged about 21-year-old Nasire Best, who was shot dead by Secret Service agents outside the White House on Saturday. US media reports say he had previously displayed erratic behaviour, believed he was Jesus Christ, and had been hospitalized following incidents linked to mental illness.

CITATION

Please consider supporting our mission.

At a time when public debate is increasingly polarized and superficial, Hungarian Conservative remains committed to depth and independent thought.

Donate Now

Please consider supporting our mission.